Thursday, August 6, 2009

First blog entry from Blake

This was written by Blake before his surgery this (Wednesday) morning:

Family, friends, those praying for me, and anyone who's just randomly reading this blog: Hi, this is Blake. Thank you all so much for all the prayers, cards, and simply keeping me in your thoughts. If you only knew how much it really means. Your sentiments have brought me to tears on many occasions.

I have to send some special "Thank You's" real quick:
To my parents, I don't even know what to say. They have gone far beyond what I ever could have expected and have been here for me so much!
To my brothers for helping me stay strong and helping me smile.
And Lori Funk, (my sister from another mister), for making this blog and updating it. (Lori, I'm sorry if you have to translate my handwriting by the way!)
And to Jamie & Tresden, for being around as much as my weird fungal infections would allow, always making me smile and making me proud.

Well, it's Wednesday, August 05, 2009 @ 9:30 a.m. I will have my 8th surgery in an hour from now. They're reconnecting my patellar tendon!?! Basically, they're connecting my knee cap. So wish me luck y'all!

I'm out for now. Deuces! (That means "Peace").

Blake

3 comments:

  1. Blake--

    Good to 'hear' from ya, and that things are working back to good :)

    It has GOT to be something of a miracle how FAR you've gotten in such a short amount of time! The human body, facinating stuff...

    Stay strong, hope to stalk (that means visit ;) you soon... post on here when you'd be down for non-fam to visit.

    Talk at ya,
    ~Deb (& Nate)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ARE a good man Charlie Brown. It was great to see you "acting" up in the wheel chair. Enough of the puns. Keep working at it Blake... you're remarkable!

    Best wishes and sincere prayers... Thinking of you... Roslyn & Jon Fetch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you haven't lost your sense of humor Blake.I'm sure Bubby's smiling down on you right now watching over you.It's good to hear from you glad you've come so far.Hopefully we can meet up soon and catch up.Best wishes.
    Jerilee Lester

    ReplyDelete